Skip to main content

WIPocalypse Check In January 2024


This month has been rather productive and it surprised me, especially since a I’ve a busy home life. 🤱🏻

This month I stitched a total of 2,741 stitches over the 5 WIPs I had picked out for January:

January WIPS

WIPgo block 9 - Gangster

630 stitches completed whilst playing the Myths and Magic Wars for round 3, and first level for the Alux creature in Magical StItches. Not a page finish yet but I’m hoping Marilyn will come up again on the Full Coverage Wheel soon in order to get the rest of the stitches done before the end of the year.

WIPgo block 22 - Kelly Eden

Kelly Eden is my success story for January. 1104 stitches done and I hit my page finish goal for this wip. Awesomeness!!! This wip was part of the Muth and Magic Wars and completed 2nd level for the Alux creature.  I thoroughly enjoyed stitching on this one and can’t wait to stitch on it again. 

I Dare You Sal WIP - Quilted Heels
This is my ongoing IDY Sal project that I will have each month until it is finished. I am classing my stitches as 2 back stitches = 1 full stitch to match all the Facebook groups so it’s easier for me to keep track. This month I have managed 621 stitches on these shoes and am
Really thrilled. I’m thinking it will t be long before I get my first fjj in ish for 2024, fingers crossed 🤞🏻 it’s in February. 

Full Coverage Wheel Pick - Zebracorn
Not got a lot of progress into Zebracorn and only managed 281 stitches by end of January. Unhappily just as I put my last couple of stitches in I realise I have made a mistake and now need to frog about 25 stitches. Great!!



Extra WIP - Well Suited
This wip was just a little extra added to January because I needed a chart beginning with the Letter “W” for Scattergories.  I put in 105 stitches to meet that prompt. I’m not concerned about hitting 500 stitches in this one as it wasn’t supposed to be in play this month. 

Summary of January’s achievements
Earned myself the Prehistoric Art Certificate with stitches from Gangster Marilyn and Kelly Eden.
Werewolves were not the first clan to get knocked out of Round 3 Myths and Magic Wars. On break before Round 4 starts so looking forward to that.

Managed a few snowballs for the snowball fight game with Semi Sane Stitchers before I got too confused with counting all the stitches for each event.

Got 9 out of 12 prompts completed for Wip Warriors’ Scattergories event and scraped a win in the road trip with the cruise although hoping to be more successful and keep up with the main crowd for the Australia leg one part of the tour. 

In Magical Stitches I have managed to successfully Identify and Study the Alux. Just have to complete Feed and Befriend levels in February and then I can move on to the Aziza (don’t ask me why that is because I don’t know 😂)

Outside of stitching Magical Stitches has a month Reading challenge I have read the main book of the month: Tithe by Holly Black and also
Completed The Switch by Beth O’Leary. Currently reading The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Tudor and enjoying it. Still have Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas but don’t think I’m going to be able to get to it by end of January. 

I’m not sure yet but was thinking of doing some short book reviews on the books I read in 2024 for the Reading Challenge. What do you think? Would this a blog you would consider reading?

Question of the Month: Tell us about the oldest WIP you have in your stash.

My oldest WIP is a Geckorouge Kit called Sally Squirrel.  It was started in 2015 as part of their Anita Inverarity SAL with a mini sized WIP (4 pages). Confetti Mega City and very slow going - It was a major learning curve as I was a cross stitching newbie and to this day I still haven't finished it.  Hopefully 2024 will be the year to finish it as I only have approximately 2000 stitches left on it.




Comments

  1. Wow lots of fun to read about. I have a lot of notes and scribbles to keep track of my challenges haha. It's annoying but I love them haha. Beautiful work on everything. Hope you have a successful February too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WIPocalypse 2024: Intro and WIPs List

 Hello all, welcome to my blog where I talk about my favourite hobby, cross stitching. I may drop in the occasional blog post about my other hobbies, including crochet or knitting from time to time. My name is Bonnie, I'm a married and a mum to three gorgeous children; two girls almost in their teens and a baby boy. As you can imagine I’m kept pretty busy with family life and so cross stitching is my “me time” to help me relax and stay sane 😉 if I am able to fit it in of course.  ~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~  So for 2024 my goal is to reclaim a little bit of stitchy time on a regular basis and to reduce my WIP pile a little bit too. Therefore I have decided to participate in WIPocalypse which is a Stitch Along (SAL) created by Melissa Kent Krueger. Please check out her blog post  2024 wipocalypse info  for more details.  As you scroll down you will see a portion of the projects that I amassed since 2015 when I discovered cross stitching. To gain some control and begin

My 2023 Wrap Up

Welcome to my blog and thank you for taking the time to stop by and check it out. Here you will find posts mainly about my cross stitching but occasionally I may switch it up a bit and show progress on a knit or crochet project if the mood strikes. So to begin, I thought the best thing to start off with was a 2023 Wrap up post since we are now mid-December. 2023 was a good year for progress, considering I was pregnant for half of it and a new mum for the rest of the year, and the stitching success was largely due to the support and encouragement from my friends Sabea and Sarah. You can check out Sarah’s blog at  Marneys Mixed bag  and we are still trying to encourage Sabea to jump on the blogging bandwagon 😉. In 2023 we imposed a set of rules for ourselves to help minimise the effects of Startitis and see more stitches in our current works in progress.  The main thing was that we allowed ourselves only 5 starts for the year, 1 per quarter plus a birthday start. The new starts had to b

2024 Stitching Plans

I hope everyone is ready for the Christmas holidays and have some quality time to spend with the family and friends xx I have been spending a lot of time thinking about how I’m to tackle my stitching in 2024. I’m going to roughly do the same as last year: 4 New Starts Allowed: 1 per quarter. Birthday New Start will be in 1st quarter if I decide to have a new start.  Each wip to have 500 stitches put into it before moving onto the next wip. Each wip must be worked at least twice during 2024.  (this is due to WIPgo and Magical Stitches Yearly Challenge). Focus to finish months June & December: wips that have been called by WIPgo are eligible for Focus to Finish month.  Aim to finish 6 WIPs in 2024. Aim to work on 3-4 WIPs a month So with these guidelines in mind (all of which are stolen from my friend Sabea - if it works for her I’m sure it’ll work for me 👍🏻) all I needed to do was find some stitching groups and games on Facebook to help me get the stitches in and stay motivated. T