Skip to main content

WIPocalypse 2024: Intro and WIPs List


 Hello all, welcome to my blog where I talk about my favourite hobby, cross stitching. I may drop in the occasional blog post about my other hobbies, including crochet or knitting from time to time.

My name is Bonnie, I'm a married and a mum to three gorgeous children; two girls almost in their teens and a baby boy. As you can imagine I’m kept pretty busy with family life and so cross stitching is my “me time” to help me relax and stay sane πŸ˜‰ if I am able to fit it in of course. 

~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~ 

So for 2024 my goal is to reclaim a little bit of stitchy time on a regular basis and to reduce my WIP pile a little bit too. Therefore I have decided to participate in WIPocalypse which is a Stitch Along (SAL) created by Melissa Kent Krueger. Please check out her blog post 2024 wipocalypse info for more details. 

As you scroll down you will see a portion of the projects that I amassed since 2015 when I discovered cross stitching. To gain some control and begin seeing progress I had to split my WIP pile into two lists; The A List and The B List. I will be using The A List for WIPocalypse and 2024 in general. So let’s have a look at my chosen list of WIPs for WIPocalypse 2024

1. Kelly Eden. Geckorouge kit started 21/11/2017

 

This kit is just so pretty and I just can’t wait to get to her facial features but that’s a long way away at this point. My goal for this WIP is to finish page 1.  

2. Tank Girl. Geckorouge kit started 28/11/2015



My goal for this WIP is to get the current page done. I just love this design and it's a shame that I'm not further along on it. 

3. Gangster Marilyn. Geckorouge kit started 29/05/2016



With this WIP I would like to finish page 1. With so few colours in the back group it should be the perfect project to stitch on whilst I binge watch a Netflix show, another favourite past time.

4. Call Me Mr. Fairy. Paine Free Crafts started 30/10/2017



My goal for this WIP is to finish current page. Since starting this project and a few others I have discovered that I like to start my full coverage pieces from the top left corner and so I need to get myself to Page 1 on the chart and mark it of so I have a more familiar starting point for the next mini goal. 

5. Mardi Gras Octopus on Seagrass. Geckorouge kit started 20/10/2016

I just love this design so much and whenever I do a WIP parade or go delving into the WIP pile I always wonder why I never make it a priority to stitch on it more.  Well 2024 is the year for this Octopus to get some extra love and attention. I would love to complete page 1 on this.

6. Sally Squirrel. Geckorouge kit started 23/03/2015

This is my oldest WIP in the pile and also the closest to a finish with approximately 2000 stitches left to go for a completion. I would love to declare this a finish by the end of 2024.

7. Frog Pile. Design Works kit started 15/05/2015


This is one of my favourite designs but for the life of me I just can't get into the flow when stitching these frogs.  Maybe it's the curse of the frog... I always seem to be stitching and frogging so it ends up in detention most of the time. I’ve set myself the goal to 3 frogs: a red one, a yellow one and a green frog. Any more than that would be an amazing bonus πŸ˜ƒ but I reckon the 3 frogs would get me to approximately 50% stage. I’m back starts I go too cos I feel like I’m nuts if I left it all to the end. 

8. The Magic Grotto. Heaven and Earth Designs started 06/06/2015

This is such a beautiful design and I reckon I would have had it finished by now if I hadn't lost my working copy of the paper chart back in 2015.  It broke my stitching flow and my stitchy bug threw a tantrum and it was put in time out. Due to the sheer volume of WIPs I have on the go I just never pulled it out again since. My goal is to finish page 1. 

9. Dahlia. Heaven and Earth Designs started 19/01/2016



I just love this piece and I’ve not got far to go on it before it’s completely done. I reckon if I focus on it I could have it finished by the end of 2024. 

10. Jewelled Mermaid. Heaven and Earth Designs started 02/07/2016

 
This is one of my favourite pieces and I already have a sister piece lined up to start once this one is finished. My goal for this lovely mermaid is to finish a page by end of the year. 

11. Rustle of Wings. Heaven and Earth Designs started 08/11/2016



I started this piece on the anniversary of my mother’s death with the full intention of having it completed by the 25th anniversary. However that didn’t happen as the anniversary came and went and a few years later I still haven’t gotten past page 1. So I’ve decided that this piece will be the Full Coverage focus piece for 2024 to try and get some good progress on it. It would be amazing if I could get pages 1 and 2 done by end of 2024.

12. Little Tiger Cub. Anchor Kit started 21/03/2015 



This is a wip I started in honour of my youngest daughter. I have already finished the Little Penguin for my eldest daughter and I have a Little Panda to continue with once this Little Tiger is completed. My goal is to finish this wip by end of 2024. 

13. Folk Art Fox. Durene Jones chart from a Magazine started 09/05/2015

One of the many WIPS I started in the month of May 2015 and I want it finished by the end of 2024  I don’t want it to be a 10-years old wip - I mean what would the excuse be? It’s not a 30 page full coverage HAED for goodness sake πŸ˜‚ .

14. Sam and Dean. Tilton Crafts started 22/12/2022



This is a stitch along with my pal Sarah  and if you know us you would not be surprised to find this one in our wip piles. Let me introduce you to my ultimate tv crush Dean Winchester and his brother Sam. Now if you haven’t watched Supernatural, I command you to go watch it on Amazon Prime ASAP!! I’m telling you… you won’t regret it.  One of my goals for 2024 is to finish page 1.

15. Mother Maya. Ink Circles started 01/09/2019



Over the past few years I have seemed to develop a love for Ink Circles and I didn’t realise it until this year when I was organising my wip pile. I had 4 Ink Circles patterns on the go and 1 completed early November this year. I would like to be 50% complete on Mother Maya by the end of 2024. 

16. Well Suited. Ink Circles started 24/10/2021


As mentioned before I have a thing for Ink Circles designs and this one drew me in the moment I saw it. I need to get this one finished and to have it at least 50% at the end of 2024 would be Amazing!!

17. Trick or Treat. Lena Lawson started 27/10/2018



I love creepy movies and Halloween stuff. Nothing says creepy more than a scarecrow (except maybe talking dolls). I just loved this on, the bright orange pumpkin head drew me in immediately. I’ve got this at 33% complete, now I just want to complete another third of the design this year. 

18. Quilted Heels. Design Works started 01/01/2021



This is not really the kind of design that I would normally stitch but for some reason I’m loving these shoes. I have swapped dmc to Etoile for the diamonds and added my own colour combo to the heels to make this design sparkly. Just beautiful and fancy in my opinion. I want to have this design completed in full by end of 2024. 

19. Gypsy Mermaid. Mirabilia started 01/07/2016


This mermaid is just so pretty and her orange/purple tail is just lush! I would love to have her hair and upper body completed. I’m leaving the beading till last I think, especially if I’m going to be using hoops/qsnaps to stitch it up. 

20. Alice in Wonderland. Both Threads started 13/05/2015

Another wip that’s about to be one a decade own with no proper excuse at all πŸ˜‚ I’d love to have this finished by end of 2024. 

21. Into The Jungle. The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery started 15/03/2018


I was thinking of working this one as a monthly SAL but just doing it in whatever order I fancy. Hopefully I can have this completed by end of 2024. 

22. Ice Blossom. Just Nan started 12/04/2020
 
This is one of the prettiest wips I have and it has a bit of everything: cross stitch, specialty stitches and beads. So looking forward to stitching on this in January - already decided it’s a 2024 wipocalypse starter. I want to finish this in time for Xmas 2024. 

23. Alexandrite. Carolyn Manning started 01/11/2020

 
This is such a fun and easy stitch. Want to complete 1 page to get more progress done. This is the perfect wip for team games like Myth & Magic Wars. I understand Round 3 is starting in January πŸ˜‰

24. Zebracorn. Geckorouge kit started 03/05/2017

 
How cute is this zebracorn?! This is another one of those wips where I started in the middle. Mainly because I’m trying to avoid all the white stitching and wasn’t sure how accurate I’d be to figure out where to start at the up of his horn. Should I stitch all the white? Or just leave it and carry on from middle? I want to complete 1 page in 2024. 

25. Beneath The Harvest Moon. Whispered By The Wind started 26/10/2020


I had hoped to have this one completed in 2023 so I wouldn’t have to carry it over into 2024 but sadly not the case. Almost at 75% mark (going by number of pages completed rather than amount of stitches done) and it is one of my predicted WIPs to finish in 2024. 

Goals for WIPocalpse 2024: 
Number of Page finishes: 12
Number of Full Completions: 9 (realistically 6)
Number of 50%: 3
Number of mini goals: 2

They are rather lofty, especially since I have a baby to look after as well but I’m trying to dream big and I’m hoping the many games and stitching groups that I have recently joined will help to pull my focus in and get me some progress. Whoo! πŸ™ŒπŸ» 

Good luck on your Wipocalypse goals and please leave a comment to let me know your blog so I can check it out too and support you on your goals xx









Comments

  1. Found you on the WIPocalypse post. Wow Wow and Double Wow. We have very similar tastes. So you have found a new follower. Nice to "meet" you. By the way I love Dean Winchester too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie, I found you through WIPocalypse, you have some beautiful projecfta. I especially like your frogs, the quilted shoes and your Ink Circles. Good luck with all your 2024 stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 2023 Wrap Up

Welcome to my blog and thank you for taking the time to stop by and check it out. Here you will find posts mainly about my cross stitching but occasionally I may switch it up a bit and show progress on a knit or crochet project if the mood strikes. So to begin, I thought the best thing to start off with was a 2023 Wrap up post since we are now mid-December. 2023 was a good year for progress, considering I was pregnant for half of it and a new mum for the rest of the year, and the stitching success was largely due to the support and encouragement from my friends Sabea and Sarah. You can check out Sarah’s blog at  Marneys Mixed bag  and we are still trying to encourage Sabea to jump on the blogging bandwagon πŸ˜‰. In 2023 we imposed a set of rules for ourselves to help minimise the effects of Startitis and see more stitches in our current works in progress.  The main thing was that we allowed ourselves only 5 starts for the year, 1 per quarter plus a birthday start. The new starts had to b

2024 Stitching Plans

I hope everyone is ready for the Christmas holidays and have some quality time to spend with the family and friends xx I have been spending a lot of time thinking about how I’m to tackle my stitching in 2024. I’m going to roughly do the same as last year: 4 New Starts Allowed: 1 per quarter. Birthday New Start will be in 1st quarter if I decide to have a new start.  Each wip to have 500 stitches put into it before moving onto the next wip. Each wip must be worked at least twice during 2024.  (this is due to WIPgo and Magical Stitches Yearly Challenge). Focus to finish months June & December: wips that have been called by WIPgo are eligible for Focus to Finish month.  Aim to finish 6 WIPs in 2024. Aim to work on 3-4 WIPs a month So with these guidelines in mind (all of which are stolen from my friend Sabea - if it works for her I’m sure it’ll work for me πŸ‘πŸ») all I needed to do was find some stitching groups and games on Facebook to help me get the stitches in and stay motivated. T